Need Solar Attic Ventilation to Keep Your Building Cooler?
Our Experts Explain Why You Need Solar Attic Ventilation
Solar attic ventilation solutions are a great way to keep your house or building cooler during the warmer months and free of mold and mildew during the cooler months. Attic ventilation has long been recognized as an essential aspect in maintaining some of the most important functions in your home. Proper attic ventilation cools your roof, reduces the load on your air conditioning unit, and extends the lifetime of your roof. Solar Attic Fans can also be installed in workshops, lofts, storage sheds, garages, barns, and any structure that would benefit from improved circulation. Solar Lights & More provides residents in the Ocala, FL area with an eco-friendly solution for attic ventilation.
How Does a Solar Attic Fan Work?
As your air conditioner works hard to keep your home cool in the summer, your attic collects large amounts of hot air. Attic temperature can exceed 160 degrees in the summer. Installing proper attic ventilation can reduce those temperatures by 50 degrees. Proper ventilation evacuates this excess heat build-up. The heat collected in the attic in the summer tends to seep into the rest of your home, which forces your air conditioner to work harder and longer to maintain a comfortable temperature. Over time, your air conditioner uses more electricity and requires more system maintenance. Solar attic fan installation will help cool down and ventilate your attic, which will lengthen the life of your AC, reduce long-term damage to anything stored in the attic, and reduce the humidity that causes wood decay around the structure of your home.
What Are the Benefits of Solar Attic Ventilation?
Aside from preventing long-term damage done to your AC unit and structure of your home, there are several benefits to having a solar attic fan installed by our professionals, including:
- Free Solar Energy – Because our solar attic ventilation systems are powered by the natural energy harnessed by the Sun, you are cooling down your attic at no recurring cost. Not only is solar energy cost-efficient, but it’s eco-friendly and decreases your family’s carbon footprint.
- No Operating Costs – There’s no need to plug in your solar attic fan as it runs off the energy provided by the Sun. This will help you save money on your utility bills, as well as extend the lifetime of your AC unit.
- Cools Your Attic – When your attic is cooler, the rooms in your house are cooler as well. The heat that’s trapped in your attic can also cause damage to the wood structure of your home over time and force your AC unit to work harder.
- Extends the Life of Your Roof – If heat isn’t vented from your attic properly, it builds up and can eventually cause problems in your home. Over time, this causes the roof structure and other materials to deteriorate.
- Reduces Heat & Moisture Buildup in Your Attic – Solar attic ventilation reduces the heat and moisture build-up in your attic, which prolongs the life of your roof and helps keep the rest of your home cool.
- Eliminates Mold & Mildew – If mold starts to grow anywhere in your home, the health and safety of you and your loved ones are at risk. It’s important to take steps to prevent mold and mildew from growing in your attic due to excessive heat.
- Keeps Your Insulation Dry – Insulation in your attic typically builds up with condensation from heating your house below. Over time, this condensation can cause mildew to form.
Why Choose Solar Lights & More?
Our solar experts have more than 25 years of residential and commercial experience in the solar industry. We have provided affordable, eco-friendly solar services to homeowners in the Ocala, FL area since 1996. Good attic ventilation is essential to the health of your home, yet many homes in the United States don’t have sufficient ventilation for their needs. Adequate attic ventilation will prevent your attic space from overheating in the summer, reducing the load on your air conditioner to improve its longevity, while lowering your overall utility bills. Call us today to schedule a consultation!